- Marve beach is located in Malad West.
- Comparatively its a smaller beach.
- The beach is adjacent to INS Hamla camp.
- Early morning you can witness INS Hamla jawans training on the beach.
- Ferry boats are available every 5 min to cross the creek to the other side of Manori. From Here, you can get bus to Manori Beach, Goria Beach, Uttan, Essel world etc.
- Every 30 min there are ferry boats available to go from Marve beach to Essel world.
How to get here
The beach is close to Malad West railway station, which is on the Western Railway line. From here you can take BEST bus no.272. Bus would charge you approximately Rs.15 (5km). Alternatively Auto rickshaws are available, which will cost you approximately Rs.100.
Movement on the beach is restricted as it has a narrow width and since it is very close to the Indian Naval base which includes INS Hamla. Its a good spot for evening and morning walk and to enjoy the fresh air. Swimming is not allowed due to the strong currents and sinking sand.
|Fishing boat docked at Marve beach|
|Early morning Koli fisher men bring their fishes for sorting on the shore. From here they are sent all over to Mumbai Market.|
|Sorting of fishes by local fisher community|
|Hawkers on the beach serving Channa garam, Sarbat gola, Butta, boras, pani puri, wada pav etc.|