Manori is a peaceful village very close to the suburbs of Mumbai. It is commonly known as Manori Creek. Manori is inhabited by local fishing and farming villagers, most of who are Kolis, Kunbis, and Bhandari, also known as East Indians.
Manori Beach is a famous attraction for tourists from Mumbai and is one of the least known beaches. This is why you will not find many people visiting this beach, making it a perfect beach to spend your weekend if you are looking for a peaceful picnic.
Manori is a very popular weekend getaway for Mumbai people. It is very easily accessible and gives you the experience of being in Goa, which is how it earned the name ‘Mini Goa.’
There are numerous cottages and hotels offering stays to those coming for a one-day picnic and an overnight stay.
Manori is very close to famous attractions like Goria Beach, Global Vipassana Pagoda, Water kingdom, and Essel world. This makes it a perfect location for those looking to visit multiple tourist spots in one day.
When to Visit:
The best season to go to Manori Beach is in winter or autumn. This is between October and March. At this time of year, it is cold and refreshing, with humidity generally lower, allowing one to take advantage of the outdoor space on the beach to its maximum.
However, many prefer the sea experience during summer; Mumbai preys on scorching summer weather and heavy rains during monsoons. Therefore, staying away from the summer months is advised to have an unforgettable beachside experience.
Things to do on Manori Beach
1. One Day Picnic
Away from the hustle and bustle of urban life, Manori Beach in Mumbai is the perfect escape for city dwellers who wish to get away into the natural surroundings. Manori Beach is clean and has beaches is a favorite picnic location. At weekends, Manori tends to be packed with people enjoying the view of the ocean, either with their families or groups of friends.
2. Spend a Day at the Resort
It is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The extensive stretch of Manori has a wide array of hotels and resorts that offer breathtaking views of the beach. There are cozy and comfy accommodations for families and romantic vacations for couples.
3. Local Food and Delicacies
The beach-side shacks of Manori Beach are one of its most notable attractions. Food stalls in Manori Beach are well-known for their wide selection of Chinese Food, Indian food, and seafood choices. The most well-known dishes in this area are pork vindaloo, sorpotel, chicken raan pomfret, Fried fish, and fried Bombay duck.
4. Talk to Locals
You will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge the local fishermen have. They are quite friendly to talk with. Spend some time with them, knowing about their adventures at sea and the stories of the island. They will tell you historical facts and stories that you will not even get to read on websites, blogs, or YouTube.
5. Selfie and Picture
Manori Beach is on a beautiful island and has all the scenic views you expect from a tourist place. It has ancient and old house structures, local fishermen catching fish, Tall Palm and coconut trees, lust greenery, and the wide ocean. There are plenty of opportunities to take pictures and capture memories.
How to Reach Manori Beach
The closest station is Malad West. Out of Malad station, you will get BEST bus 272 (Charge appx. Rs.20) or take an Auto rickshaw (Rs. 120) around 7 Km to Marve Beach. From here, there are ferries every 5 min that will cross you over to Manori. From Manori, you will get a bus or Auto Rickshaw to Manori or Goria.
You will have to reach via the Bhayandar route. From National Highway 8, Get inside the Kashi-Mira junction and keep straight. After 5 to 7 minutes of the drive, you will reach Bhayandar East-West Flyover on the left. Now keep following the Essel World signboard and go straight on Uttan Road to get to Manori beach.
Western Express Highway, 1st Left turn after Dahisar Octroi check Naka Route to Esselworld, Gorai-Manori.
1. There are many hotels available for stay. Many are for couples only. If you are a family, check with the hotel before making your booking.
2. You can enjoy the serenity and peaceful bliss of the beach; however, swimming is not allowed in the water.
Is Manori beach safe for couples?
Not many people come to Manori beach, and the beach is mostly empty. Also, during high tides, the water covers the beach and can be dangerous. A quick answer is that it’s not safe. Also, check the hotels before checking in, as some hotels may not be suitable for a family.
What are the check-in and checkout times for the Manori resort?
The checking time is usually 11 am, and Checkout is at 10 am. This can change from hotel to hotel. Please call the hotel before planning your trip.
Which are the famous hotels to stay at Manori Beach for Couples?
Timings of Manori beach
- Sunday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Monday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Tuesday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Wednesday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Thursday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Friday 07:00 am – 08:00 pm
- Saturday 07:00 am – 08:00
From Manori Beach, you can also visit the following places, just a few KM from Manori Beach.
- Global Vipassana Pagoda – The center of Global Vipassana Pagoda has the world’s largest dome made of stone and built without any supporting pillars. Its height is approximately 29 meters, and the structure’s height is 96.12 meters. The pagoda’s interior is hollow and has a vast meditation ground with an area of more than 65,000 ft.
The enormous inner dome can accommodate seats for over 8000 people.
Here Add to the dictionary that meditation is taught for ten days. Vipassana meditation is conducted free of charge.
- The Dargah: At the entrance of Manori beach is a Sufi Dargah and is a place of worship by the devotees. The traditional, pleasant Sufi music from the Dargah makes the beachside experience more relaxing and enjoyable.
- Essel World and the Water Kingdom: Enjoy a trip to the beach, a boat ride, and finally, the dream picnic spot. Either choose between the two, or you can shuffle between them during the picnic. Esselworld offers numerous rides for kids and, of course, heart-stopping rides for adults. Including the oh-so-famous rain dance. The Water Kingdom offers various slides and pools for kids and adults alike.
Forget the Spa and Sauna; want to get all wet and pumped up, think no more; head straight to Esselworld / Water Kingdom.
- Gorai Beach: Gorai beach is a famous picnic spot surrounded by Manori, Uttan, Dongri & Marve villages. Gorai is one of the cleanest and safest beaches in Mumbai and an excellent choice for those looking for a peaceful weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai. There are several cottages and resorts available for overnight stays. Some houses are very close to the beach.