Osho Garden is a beautiful and serene garden in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It is part of the Osho International Meditation Resort and serves as a meditation, relaxation, and contemplation space. The garden is named after Osho, an Indian spiritual guru known for his meditation, spirituality, and human consciousness teachings. Osho Garden is one of the most popular attractions in Pune and attracts visitors worldwide.
History of Osho Garden
Osho Garden was established in the early 1980s by Osho’s disciples as a tribute to their spiritual master. The garden was designed by a team of landscape architects and horticulturists inspired by Osho’s teachings on nature and the environment. The park was built to create a space where people could connect with nature and experience inner peace and tranquility.
Over the years, Osho Garden has undergone several changes and upgrades. In the early years, the garden was a simple oasis of greenery with a few flowering plants and trees. However, in the 1990s, the garden underwent a significant transformation when a team of horticulturists and landscape architects was hired to redesign the space. The new design included various plants, trees, and flowers worldwide. The garden was also given a new name, “Osho Teerth,” which means “the holy place of Osho.”
Features of Osho Garden
Osho Garden is spread over an area of 28 acres and is divided into several sections. The garden features various trees, plants, and flowers, including rare and exotic species worldwide. Some of the most popular sections of the garden include:
- Zen Garden: This section of the garden features a beautiful Zen garden with a giant meditation pavilion. The garden promotes inner peace and tranquility and is ideal for meditation and reflection.
- Buddha Grove: This section of the garden features a grove of Buddha statues, each representing a different aspect of the Buddha’s teachings. The woodland is surrounded by a beautiful pond and is ideal for quiet contemplation and reflection.
- Lovers’ Point: This garden section features a beautiful fountain with lush greenery. The area is ideal for couples to spend time together and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Mulla Nasruddin Garden: This garden section is named after Mulla Nasruddin, a famous Sufi mystic. The garden features a variety of plants and trees and is an ideal place for quiet contemplation and meditation.
- Mirrors Garden: This section of the garden features a beautiful array of mirrors that reflect the garden’s natural beauty. The area is an ideal place for photography and is a popular spot for visitors to take selfies and group photos.
- Osho Samadhi: This garden section features a beautiful marble platform that serves as a memorial to Osho. A beautiful garden surrounds the venue, ideal for quiet contemplation and meditation.
Visiting Osho Garden
Osho Garden is open to visitors every day from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Visitors can enter the garden by purchasing a day pass, which also gives them access to the other facilities at the Osho International Meditation Resort. The day pass includes access to the swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and other amenities.
Visitors are required to follow a strict dress code while visiting the garden. Men must wear full-length pants and shirts with sleeves, while women must wear modest clothing that covers their shoulders, arms, and legs. Visitors must also remove their shoes before entering certain garden sections, such as the meditation pavilions.
When visiting Osho Garden, it is important to maintain a sense of respect and reverence for the space. The garden is a sacred space for meditation and contemplation, and visitors are asked to keep a quiet and peaceful demeanor while exploring the garden’s various sections.
Benefits of Visiting Osho Garden
Visiting Osho Garden can benefit the mind, body, and spirit. The garden promotes relaxation, meditation, and inner peace and can be a powerful tool for reducing stress and anxiety. Some of the benefits of visiting Osho Garden include the following:
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety: The peaceful and serene environment of Osho Garden can be a powerful tool for reducing stress and anxiety. Spending time in nature has been shown to impact mental health positively and can help promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Enhancing Creativity: The beauty and diversity of Osho Garden can be a powerful source of inspiration for artists, writers, and other creatives. Spending time in the garden can help stimulate the imagination and encourage new ideas and perspectives.
- Promoting Physical Health: Besides its mental health benefits, spending time in Osho Garden can also benefit physical health. Walking and exploring the garden can help improve cardiovascular health and strengthen the muscles and joints.
- Deepening Spiritual Practice: Osho Garden is a sacred space that promotes spiritual growth and inner peace. Spending time in the garden can be a powerful tool for deepening spiritual practice and connecting with the divine.
Osho Garden is a beautiful, serene space that allows visitors to connect with nature, promote relaxation and inner peace, and deepen their spiritual practice. The garden is a testament to the power of nature to promote healing and growth and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in meditation, spirituality, and personal growth.
Osho Garden Entry Fee
The entry fee for Osho Garden varies depending on the visitor’s nationality and the type of pass they are purchasing. Here is a breakdown of the current entry fees:
- Indian Nationals: Rs. 60 for a day pass and Rs. 500 for 10-day access.
- Foreign Nationals: $10 for a day pass and $60 for a 10-day pass.
Please note that these prices are subject to change, and it is always best to check with the official website or on-site ticket office for the latest information. Additionally, there may be additional charges for specific activities or events within the garden.
Osho Garden Tickets
Tickets for Osho Garden can be purchased online or at the on-site ticket office. Here is some information about how to buy tickets:
- Online: Visitors can purchase tickets for Osho Garden through the official website. The website offers a variety of ticket options, including day passes, 3-day passes, and 10-day passes. Visitors can select the pass type and pay online using a credit or debit card.
- On-Site Ticket Office: Visitors can also purchase tickets for Osho Garden at the on-site ticket office. The ticket office is located near the garden entrance and is open daily from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Visitors can pay for their tickets using cash or a credit/debit card.
It is important to note that visitors must present a valid ID when purchasing tickets and that tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Additionally, visitors must follow the dress code and other rules and regulations inside the garden premises.
Osho Garden Timing
The timings for Osho Garden are as follows:
- Open: 6:00 AM
- Last Entry: 7:00 PM
- Close: 8:00 PM
The garden is open every day of the week, including weekends and holidays. However, it is essential to note that the garden may occasionally close for maintenance or other reasons. It is always best to check the official website or call the on-site ticket office to confirm the opening hours before visiting.
Additionally, it is worth noting that certain garden areas, such as the meditation pavilions, may have different opening and closing times. Visitors are advised to check with the on-site staff for more information.
How to reach
Osho Garden is located in the Koregaon Park neighborhood of Pune, Maharashtra, India. Here are some ways to reach Osho Garden:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Osho Garden is the Pune International Airport, which is approximately 7 km away. Visitors can take a taxi or pre-paid cab from the airport to reach the garden.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Osho Garden is the Pune Junction Railway Station, approximately 5 km away. Visitors can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach the garden from the railway station.
- By Bus: Pune has a well-connected bus network, and visitors can take a bus to Osho Garden. Buses from the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) run to the Koregaon Park area.
- By Taxi or Auto-Rickshaw: Visitors can also take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw from any part of Pune to reach Osho Garden. Negotiating the fare with the driver before starting the journey is advisable.
Once visitors reach the Koregaon Park area, they can quickly locate Osho Garden, a well-known landmark. The garden is located near the Osho International Meditation Resort, and visitors can ask for directions from the locals or use a GPS-enabled device to reach the garden.
Famous Hotels Near Osho Garden
Several hotels near Osho Garden in Pune, Maharashtra, India, cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the famous hotels near Osho Garden:
- Osho Meditation Resort: The Osho Meditation Resort is located right next to Osho Garden and offers a range of accommodations, including rooms, apartments, and guesthouses. The resort is known for its peaceful ambiance and provides various meditation programs and workshops.
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park: The Westin Pune Koregaon Park is a luxurious 5-star hotel about 2 km from Osho Garden. The hotel features elegant rooms, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and multiple dining options.
- The O Hotel Pune: The O Hotel Pune is a boutique hotel approximately 3 km from Osho Garden. The hotel offers well-appointed rooms, a rooftop pool, a spa, and various dining options.
- Royal Orchid Golden Suites Pune: The Royal Orchid Golden Suites Pune is a 4-star hotel about 4 km from Osho Garden. The hotel features spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
- Hyatt Regency Pune: The Hyatt Regency Pune is a 5-star hotel about 5 km from Osho Garden. The hotel features luxurious rooms, an outdoor pool, a spa, and multiple dining options.
These are just a few examples of the many hotels near Osho Garden. Visitors can choose a hotel based on budget, location preferences, and amenities. Booking a hotel in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons, is advisable to ensure availability.
Address and Contact Details
The address and contact details for Osho Garden are as follows:
- Address: Osho Garden 17, 1st Cross Road, Koregaon Park, Pune, Maharashtra 411001 India
- Phone Number: +91 20 6601 9999 Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.osho.com
- It is always best to check the official website or contact the on-site staff for the latest information and updates.