Free WiFi internet is now available at Mumbai Central railway station in Mumbai. This was the first station to be enabled with Free Wifi internet.
Churchgate, Dadar, Bandra, Bandra Terminus, Khar, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), and Kalyan have also been enabled with Free Wifi internet.
Commuters can enjoy free high-speed internet on their WiFi-enabled smartphones, tabs, or laptop. Indian railway arm RailTel and Google have come together to provide this service to commuters. The plan is to cover 400 stations across India.
The connectivity uses high-speed fiber to experience high-speed internet with high-definition videos, travel guides, Download books, videos, or games for the journey ahead, or simply browse Facebook or Twitter.
With YouTube allowing downloading videos in offline mode, commuters can now download their favorite movie, TV serial, training videos, etc., and enjoy them during their long journey.
Hotstar is another popular app for downloading videos, Sports, channels, etc., in offline mode.
You need to register with your smartphone to avail of this service. Follow the below instructions to get connected and enjoy free open WiFi internet.
How to connect to Google and Railwire’s free public Wi-Fi:
1. Go to Settings on your phone and open WiFi settings. Select RailWire and click on Connect.
2. Once connected, use your mobile browser or Chrome and open the website railwire.co.in
3. The webpage that opens will ask you to put your phone number on the WiFi login screen. Next, Click on Receive SMS.
4. You will receive an SMS with an OTP (One time password) of 4 digits. Enter this in the WiFi login page and click Done.
5. You are connected. Enjoy the High-speed internet.
Here is the list of stations where you can avail free WiFi internet service.
Churchgate, Dadar, Bandra, Bandra Terminus, Khar, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) and Kalyan