Van Rani is a Mini train that operates in Sanjay Gandhi National Park. The name is derived from Hindi with ‘Van’ meaning Jungle and ‘Rani’ meaning Queen.
The Van Rani has around 20 to 25 seats and is a famous attraction for tourist in Mumbai who comes to visit the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. It’s a hit among children.
This mini train is an exciting experience for children who get excited to see the toy-like train, which would take them on a Jungle Safari Ride. This ride lasts for around 20 min.
The Van Rani takes the tourist around Borivali National park on a narrow-gauge train track. It covers around 2.4 km and moves inside the jungle, giving you a view of the trees, animals, waterfalls, birds, and you will enjoy the greenery all around you. Not just children, even adults enjoy this experience.
The train operates every 30 min and covers 2 major attractions on its route. The Van Rani is open from on all sides with a roof on the top; this helps you get a much closer experience with nature.
Entry Fee and timing for the National Park, Mini Train, Lion Tiger Safari, and Kanheri Caves
Mini Train Ride (Van rani Ticket Charges)
- Adults: Rs.55
- Children: Rs.21
Rules and Regulations for Mini Train
- Monday shall be closed
- Please get the tickets verified at the ticket counter
- Minimum 20 people required to start the train journey
- Timings are 9:00 to 5:30
Lunch break: 12:30 to 1:30
- Each journey is of 20-25 mins.
Sanjay Gandhi National Park – Main Gate Fee
- Adults: Rs.64
- Children: Rs.34
- Two Wheelers: Rs.44
- LMV: Rs.215
- HMV: Rs.322
- Cycles: Rs.22
- 2 Seater Boats: Rs.64
- 4 Seater Boats: Rs.130
Rules and Regulations for Boating
- Timings 9:00 to 5:30 Lunch break: 12:30 to 1:30.
- Monday shall be closed for maintenance
Morning Walk and Jogging Charges – Yearly Pass
- Senior Citizens: Rs.25
- Other Adults / Citizens: Rs.215
Lion & Tiger Safari Ticket Costs
- Tiger Safari Charges for Adults: Rs.85
- Tiger Safari Children: Rs.34
- Tiger & Lion Safari Both (Adults) : Rs.108
- Tiger & Lion Safari Both Children: Rs.43
- Timings: 9:00 to 4:30 Luch break: 12:30 to 1:30
- Minimum 15 people required to start the bus journey
- The journey will commence according to the minimum criteria set by the authorities.
Kanheri Caves Bus Services
- Bus Charges to Kanheri For Adults: Rs.64
- Kanheri Caves Bus Ticket Cost for Children: Rs.34
SANJAY GANDHI NATIONAL PARK BORIVALI APPEAL
1) Keep Silence in the Park
2) Speed Limit 20km/Hour of Fine up to Rs. 25000/-
3) Park your Vehicles at Parking Lots.
4) Leave the Park before 18.30 Hrs.
5) Use Dust Bin s, No Plastic at all.
6) Abide by the Rules & Regulations of the national parks.
7) Please validate the pass/ticket at the Gate.
8) For Commercial photography/video shooting contact ticket counter.
9) Park Timings: 7:30am to 6:30pm
1) Don’t tease and Feed wild animals.
2) Don’t Park your Vehicles along the roadside –Fine up to 2000/-
3) Don’t use /throw plastic bags in the park.
4) Lighting of fire Prohibited.
5) No alcohol/smoking.
6) Pets totally prohibited.
How to Reach:
The Nearest Airport is Mumbai International Airport and is around 15 km.
By Rail: Closest railway station is Borivali which is on the western line. From here National park is only at a distance of 1.2 km. From the Station, you can take an auto-rickshaw which will hardly cost around Rs.30 and 5 min journey
By Road: It is on the Western Express Highway and is easily accessible from anywhere in Mumbai or India.
- Nariman Point: 40 km
- Worli: 31 km
- Sion: 26 km
- Bandra: 24 km
- Versova, Andheri: 14 km
- International Airport: 15 km
- Domestic Airport: 16 km
The Kanheri Caves are a group of caves and rock-cut monuments formed from a massive basalt outcrop in the forests of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, on the western outskirts of Mumbai, India.
Conclusion: The Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a mini forest in the Heart of Mumbai and has all-in-one entertainment. It has Van Rain mini train, Animal Safari, Caves, Water fountain, Flora Fauna, Playground, and a playful environment where children and adults can experience nature and spend the full day with families and friends. It is a must-visit place if you are a tourist or even if you are a local in Mumbai.